Jennifer Rutheny is a master jeweler with over 25 years of experience, specializing in sculpting and stone
- Throughout her youth, Jennifer was fascinated with nature, studying flowers, insects, plants and animals for her many sketches and tiny drawings. Today, she hikes daily along the Hudson River or in the woods with her dog, Theo. While on these walks, she gathers
inspiration for her pieces. A beach rock may become a ring or pendant set in sterling, bronze or gold. A leaf or native wild flower
may become the design impetus for a miniature sculpture or pair of
earrings. Most of Jennifer's jewelry, sculptures and art are inspired by this lifelong love of nature.
- At the age of sixteen, Jennifer began an apprenticeship with a well-known Stamford, Ct. jeweler, Jose' Grant, honing her skills as a jeweler. She went on to study art at Scuola Lorenzo De' Medici in Florence, Italy. Throughout her career, Jen worked as a jewelry designer for esteemed, global companies such as Estee' Lauder, Anne Klein, David Yurman, National Geographic, Lindblad Expeditions.
- In 2005, Jennifer opened her first retail store named Rutheny Jewelry. Its location at 80 Brook Street in beautiful Croton-on-Hudson, NY, is off the beaten path but has an impressive number of patrons simply by word of mouth from delighted customers. This location is also the home of her shop where she designs and creates.
- In April 2017, Jennifer opened her second store. Rutheny Jewelry Tarrytown is located at 54 Main St. Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- Jennifer's Dog, Theo (Thelonious Monk) is a National Celebrity. His video achieved over 60 million views. Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGWP4B7cftY to see the famous Theo!