Jennifer Rutheny is a masterful jeweler with over 25 years of experience, specializing in sculpting and stone
setting. She is currently studying the art of pliquè a jour and
- Throughout her youth, Jennifer was fascinated with nature, studying flowers, insects, plants and animals for her many sketches and tiny drawings. Today, she hikes daily along the Hudson River or in the woods with her "celebrity" dog, Theo. (Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGWP4B7cftY
to see the viral video that made him famous!) While on these walks, she gathers
inspiration for her pieces. A beach rock may become a ring or maybe a
pendant set in sterling, bronze or gold. A leaf or native wild flower
may become the design impetus for a miniature sculpture or pair of
earrings. Most of Jenn's jewelry, sculptures and art are inspired by this lifelong love of nature.
- At the age of sixteen, Jenn began an apprenticeship with a well-known Connecticut jeweler, Jose' Grant, honing her skills as a jeweler. She went on to study art at Scuola Lorenzo De' Medici in Florence, Italy. Throughout her career, Jen worked as a jewelry designer for esteemed, global companies such as Estee' Lauder, Anne Klein, David Yurman, National Geographic, Lindblad Expeditions and others.
- In 2005, Jennifer opened her first retail store named Rutheny Jewelry. Its location at 80 Brook Street in beautiful Croton-on-Hudson, NY, is off the beaten path but has an impressive number of patrons simply by word of mouth from delighted customers. This location is also the home of her shop where she designs and creates, plus holds her popular jewelry making classes throughout the year.
- In April 2017, due to the success of Brook Street, Jenn opened her second Rutheny Jewelry store, located on Main St. in Tarrytown, NY.
- Stop by one of her locations today and treat yourself to a beautiful piece of jewelry or find a gift for someone special in your life!